3.25.2004

Today, Barb is feeling: like the whole world is crying with me and River Falls.

http://www.uwrf.edu/calendar/re_0604_lydecker.htm

http://www.kare11.com/news/news-article.asp?NEWS_ID=61491

such a shitty day.
there is nothing that compares to this day on the shit-o-meter

so today at about 10 am this morning, i found out that my Chancellor died. she was in a car accident at 6:40 this morning and she died. Ann Lydecker is now dead.
We no longer have a chancellor.
Ann Lydecker was killed in a car accident.

i keep saying it to myself but it feels so weird, almost like i still expect to see her walking through the campus. she was so nice. she was a great inspiration to all of us students on campus.

she actually knew my name. every friday she would walk past the information desk and say happy friday barb, and ask how my week was. the chancellor of my college knew who i was. she knew me by name, and now she is dead.

it is like a bad dream. and all the people around me don't understand why i feel like this. they are all happy and in a good mood and i just want to scream at them, "FUCKERS!!!! DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND WHAT HAPPENED TODAY? ANN DIED! SHE CARED MORE ABOUT YOUR EDUCATION THAN YOU'LL EVEN KNOW!!!!!!"

Ann Lydecked died today.
She will have a visitation on Monday.
She will be buried on Tuesday.
Ann Lydecker, first woman Chancellor of River Falls, died today. And buried with her will be a peice of my heart.

-barb

No comments: